When locating your private swimming pool, be sure to follow these requirements of the Bucyrus Codified Ordinances:
- Make sure the pool is located in the back yard or side yard. Do not place a private pool in the front yard.
- The swimming pool shall be enclosed completely by a wall or fence constructed so as to prevent uncontrolled access. The fences or wall shall not be less than four feet (4') in height and have a self-closing and self-latching gate. The self-latching device is to be a minimum of 54 inches above the bottom of the gate and the release mechanism shall be located on the pool side of the gate.
- All lights for the pool shall be located so as to confine the direct beam to the parcel on which the pool is located.
- The pool shall be constructed to meet the setback requirements of the zoning district it is located.
- All swimming pools require a permit prior to installation.
A private spa or hot tub with a lockable cover and garden ponds shall not be considered as a "swimming pool" subject to the provisions of this section.