- No garage or yard sale sign may be posted on a utility pole. Signs posted on utility poles will be removed immediately. Anyone posting a sign on a utility pole is subject to a misdemeanor with fines of $50 to $500 plus court costs.
- Do not post a garage or yard sale sign within the road right-of-way. As a rule, the street right-of-way is between the street and the sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk, generally the right-of-way includes 10 feet from the edge of the street or curb.
- When you are out of the right-of-way, you are now on private property and you will need to get permission from the property owner to post your sign on their property.
- Garage or yard sale signs shall not be located in a manner that creates a safety or visibility hazard.
- Garage or yard sale signs are allowed to be displayed for three consecutive days.
- Garage sale signs may be removed if they are not placed in the proper location as stated above.
- Garage and yard sales may be conducted on a residential property for 6 days and only three such sales are permitted per year.
Please visit the City’s website www.cityofbucyrusoh.us to view the Business and Sign Codes on line, or call the Zoning Administrator 419-562-6767 ext. 226 with questions regarding Garage Sales.