CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATIONS
NOTICE OF EXAMINATION
GENERAL LABORER/SKILLED LABORER
The City of Bucyrus will conduct a Civil Service examination for a General Laborer in the Streets/Service/Solid Waste/Water Distribution Departments to establish an eligibility list for immediate openings. These positions are with full benefits and OPERS. The minimum starting rate of pay is $15.46 per hour. Applicants must be 18 years of age, have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent and a valid driver’s license. A CDL is a plus.
Job responsibilities include:
* Perform general manual labor
* Operate equipment including but not limited to chain saws, leaf machine, air
hammer, air compressor, chipper, seal machine, sewer vac, roller, hylift,
dump truck, plow trucks, salt truck, solid waste packer,
concrete saw, air tools and electronic locating
* Work with general hand tools such as shovels, rakes, power tools, etc.
* Operate various lawn equipment
* Maintain equipment, vehicles and do general and in-depth cleaning
* Contact with the general public
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/pick up trash at curbside
* Keep daily logs and records
* Repair and replace manholes, waterlines, taps and curb boxes
* Other duties assigned by Supervisor or Service-Safety Director
Applications are available at the Mayor/Service Director Office, Bucyrus City Hall, 500 S. Sandusky Ave., Bucyrus, Ohio 44820, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday starting January 21, 2019 or can be downloaded. All applications shall be returned to the Mayor/Service Director Office by February 22, 2019 with a $15.00 nonrefundable testing fee paid by cash or money order only and a copy of a valid driver’s license. The examination will be held on Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers of Bucyrus City Hall, 500 S. Sandusky Ave., Bucyrus, Ohio 44820. A passing score of 70% or greater is required. Applicants claiming extra credit for honorable, active state and federal military service must substantiate that claim by an ATTACHMENT to their completed application at the time of submission. A passing score is required to receive military credit.
SERVICE-SAFETY DIRECTOR JEFFREY A. WAGNER
BUCYRUS CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
THE CITY OF BUCYRUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ADA EMPLOYER