The City of Bucyrus will conduct a Civil Service examination for a Maintenance Utility I position in the Maintenance Utilities Department to establish an eligibility list for an immediate opening. This position is with full benefits and OPERS. The minimum starting rate of pay is $24.98-28.74 per hour, based on qualifications. Applicants must be 18 years of age, have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent, a valid driver’s license and an Ohio Electrician’s License is preferred but not required.
Job responsibilities include:
- Perform carpentry, masonry, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and general maintenance work
- Ability to use small hand tools and power tools
- Perform maintenance and repair of traffic signals
- Maintain heating, ventilating air conditioning systems and electrical systems throughout the City buildings
- Repair electrical motors, overhead signs, maintenance of radio lines, replace ballasts
- Repair/maintenance to City buildings and all City owned park buildings
- Be able to work independently and multi-task
- Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor conditions
- Other duties as assigned by the Foreman or Service-Safety Director
Applications are available at the Mayor/Service Director Office, Bucyrus City Hall, 500 S. Sandusky Ave., Bucyrus, Ohio 44820, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday starting Monday, November 8, 2021 or can be downloaded from the City of Bucyrus website at cityofbucyrusoh.us. All applications shall be returned to the Mayor/Service Director Office by 4:00 p.m. Friday, December 30, 2021 with a $15.00 nonrefundable testing fee paid by cash or money order only and a copy of a valid driver’s license. The examination will be held on Sunday, January 9, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers of Bucyrus City Hall, 500 S. Sandusky Ave., Bucyrus, Ohio 44820. A passing score of 70% or greater is required. Applicants claiming extra credit for honorable, active state and federal military service must substantiate that claim by an ATTACHMENT to their completed application at the time of submission. Attach copies of any certifications applicable to the job responsibilities to the application. A passing score is required to receive military credit.